Thursday, May 20, 2010

Intern Island

Sometimes you have a thought stuck in your head and you just can’t get it out in a way that makes sense.  Then someone comes along with a song or an article that sums up your thoughts perfectly.  Well I been thinking and reflecting on our Internship this past week when I had this article emailed to me:

True Conversations from Intern Island: Love Your Pastor as Yourself by Darren Sutton

Whilst this article doesn’t sum up my thoughts perfectly, I thought it was so good I would link to it rather than restate the same thing.  There are two points that I would like to make before you read the article:
  1. The Senior Pastor is your Priest – the article is written by a leader in a Christian church that refers to the Senior Minister as the Senior Pastor.  In the Catholic Church the senior pastor is the Parish Priest.  Basically in our Church the Parish Priest is the boss for anyone in an employed position or Internship position.
  2. Some Interns work full time – some interns in America work daily with a senior leader as an intern for 12 months.  Their work load is greater than you would have being an Intern for 4 hours per week.  You may not have as much access to your Parish Priest as a full time intern, but the same issues apply, love your Parish Priest as you would love yourself.

I hope that you enjoy the article and find it worth while, click below to go to the article by Darren Sutton.

No comments:

Post a Comment