Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Drinking wine at lunch in Spain

If you are under 18 whilst in Spain then you won't be tasting any of the Spanish wine.  But if you are over 18 then you will have a few opportunities to taste the wines of Spain.  
Perhaps one custom that you may not be used to is drinking wine with your meal at lunch time.  It is often customary in Europe to serve wine with the lunch meal.  However one difference is the opportunity to mix it half and half with lemonade or soda water.  This will lighten the wine which is perfect for the middle of the day.  This half and half mixture is a lot nicer on a hot day that a full strength red wine.  This is possible for both the red wine (vino tinto) and the white wine (vino blanco).
The final thing to remember is that just because you host is drinking wine it doesn't mean you have to.  If you don't drink alcohol then you don't have to drink to be polite, ask for a water or a lemonade.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking wine at lunch? In Spain? AWESOME!! I've been to Spain twice, I never thought we could have wine at lunch! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest I've never drink wine at lunch. I usually drink wine just for dinner. Twice a week. But I would like to try it. I mean drinking wine in Spain at lunch. That would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drinking wine at lunch in Spain? Good I have been to spain twice.I am also habitual of wine with lunch.I am many times buy and taste spanish wine.

    ReplyDelete